Parkes Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Parkes Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing parkes.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Parkes for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Parkes?
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and Around Parkes, New South Wales, Australia
Located in central New South Wales, Parkes is a regional town that offers a plethora of cultural destinations to explore and learn. From art galleries and museums to historical sites, there is something for everyone to enjoy and experience. Below is a detailed list of each venue to help plan which places to visit.
1. Parkes Regional Art Gallery: The Parkes Regional Art Gallery offers an ever-changing exhibition calendar of local and visiting artists. It is located on the corner of Church Street and East Street, making it easy to find and access.
2. The Orana Arts Centre: This contemporary art venue offers unique exhibitions and is also known for its cultural events that celebrate Aboriginal achievements and traditions.
1. Parkes Motor Museum: Situated on the Newell Highway, this museum showcases an impressive collection of vintage and rare cars. Visitors can marvel at well-maintained classic vehicles from famous car brands like Austin, Jaguar, and Ford.
2. Henry Parkes Museum: Henry Parkes is a significant political figure in Australian history, and this museum honors his life and accomplishments. It is located in the outskirts of Parkes in a stunning heritage-listed house. The museum has an extensive collection of Parkes’ personal effects and memorabilia of the time he lived in.
3. Peak Hill Open Cut Experience: The Peak Hill Open Cut Experience is a unique museum that allows visitors to witness and learn about the gold-mining techniques used during the Gold Rush era. Visitors are guided through an open-cut mine and can grapple drill rock, making for an incredible hands-on experience.
1. CSIRO Parkes Observatory: The CSIRO Parkes Observatory is famous for the pivotal role it played in relaying the first images and broadcasts of the historic moon landing in 1969. Visitors can take a guided tour and witness the operations of the giant radio telescope dish that was responsible for these transmissions.
2. Bushman's Hill: Bushman's Hill is an iconic site of the Australian Bushranger era. It is a significant historic attraction with outstanding views of Parkes and surrounding farmland. The site is located on the Forbes Road, and visitors can hike to the top and explore the cairn, picnic tables and toilets.
3. Calchepirra Haunted School and Museum: Located in the nearby township of Bogan Gate, the Calchepirra Haunted School and Museum is a unique attraction for those interested in a bit of frightful and spooky history. The building was once a school and converted into a museum, yet visitors can still feel the eerie presence of ghosts from the past.
Whether interested in art, history, or science, there is something for everyone to enjoy and appreciate in Parkes. These venues offer an immersive cultural experience, making it worthwhile to explore each and every one while in the area.
Parkes Galleries and Museums Articles