Parkes Local Services
Parkes ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Parkes site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Parkes Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Parkes When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Parkes Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Parkes Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Parkes ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Parkes and a Place to Meet
The parkes.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Parkes
Parkes is a town located in the central-west region of New South Wales, Australia. It is famous for hosting the Parkes Observatory, which played a vital role in the Apollo 11 moon landing.
Here are some interesting facts about Parkes:
1. The town was named after Sir Henry Parkes, one of the founding fathers of the Federation of Australia.
2. Parkes is known for its annual Elvis Festival, which attracts Elvis Presley fans from all over the world. The festival features live performances, costume contests, and other Elvis-themed events.
3. The Parkes Observatory, located just outside the town, was opened in 1961 and is the largest radio astronomy observatory in the southern hemisphere.
4. The dish at the Parkes Observatory is 64 meters in diameter and is capable of detecting radio waves from outer space.
5. During the Apollo 11 mission, the Parkes Observatory played a crucial role in the transmission of live television images of the historic moon landing. The staff at the observatory had to overcome several technical challenges to ensure the successful transmission of the images.
6. Parkes is home to the Henry Parkes Museum, which showcases the life and achievements of Sir Henry Parkes.
7. The town has a rich history in agriculture, with wheat, wool, and beef production being the main industries.
8. The Parkes railway station, located in the center of the town, is one of the busiest railway stations in inland New South Wales.
9. The Parkes region is home to several national parks, including the Goobang National Park, which offers hiking trails and camping facilities.
10. The town has a population of approximately 11,000 people and is located 365 kilometers west of Sydney.